When applying truncation, place the full text in a title attribute so that it’s accessible on hover. Note: There is an iOS bug that is triggered when you add a component from Visualforce into S1 using an iFrame. The truncated element does not recognize its width.
Truncation: Single Line
If problems occur when using truncation with elements that use flexbox, you might need to add the
.slds-has-flexi-truncate class on the flexbox child node (
.slds-col_padded elements) that contains the truncated text.
Overview of CSS Classes
- The CSS class being referred to.
- A description of what the class does.
- Whether the class name is dev-ready (meaning it's fully vetted and tested and safe to use) or prototype (which means it's not fully vetted yet).
- The selector that the class name is allowed to be used on.
- The base level pattern for a component. A variant can be extended to create another variant of that component, for example, a stateful button is a derivative of the base button.
- A single class that can be added to an HTML element of a component to modify its output. Typically these will be colors, sizing and positioning.