Data tables are an enhanced version of an HTML table and are used to display tabular data.
About Data Tables
To initialize a data table, apply the
slds-table class to the
table element. This class creates a
with formatted cells and allows you to use data table utilities.
To create an accessible table, the top row of column headers (
are placed in a
thead. Each one receives the
attribute. The first non-actionable (meaning that doesn't contain a checkbox
or menu) column in each row should be marked as a
th with a
Overview of CSS Classes
- The CSS class being referred to.
- A description of what the class does.
- Whether the class name is dev-ready (meaning it's fully vetted and tested and safe to use) or prototype (which means it's not fully vetted yet).
- The selector that the class name is allowed to be used on.
- The base level pattern for a component. A variant can be extended to create another variant of that component, for example, a stateful button is a derivative of the base button.
- A single class that can be added to an HTML element of a component to modify its output. Typically these will be colors, sizing and positioning.